The wedding quilt has binding attached and hand sewn down on 2.5 sides. That is my hand work for this week. Shouldn't be a problem.
The old top met with a few challenges. First I had to get the blocks all sashed and the rows sewn together. It was going together swimmingly when, as I was about to attach the last inner border, I noticed this... (Can you see my boo-boo? Hint - the first 2 rows are correct!)
Rip, rip, rip and stitch, stitch, stitch and that was fixed. Then I had to go shopping to find the outer border fabric (oh, poor me, what a terrible chore). Our LQS to the rescue (which by the way has an amazingly huge selection of reproduction prints) and with the help of my saleswoman Cheryl, I found a great print. I almost added a third skinny border between the inner and outer border but decided against it. The way I determined that was to take a picture with folded fabric and just laid on the table. First with and then without the skinny border. Once I cropped the 2 photos so all I could see was a small portion of fabrics, my decision was easy - the skinny border just added more clutter. I'm thinking of binding this in a dark brown or maybe a dark red. I need to get this quilted first; I even have the backing prepared.
Hope you are making progress on your January projects. I've also started 2 other little projects just to keep up my insane obsession with doing 6 things at once. More on those projects next time.
Thanks for stopping by and check back with Judy L's great Design Wall Monday post. Such amazing quilts!! Oh, by the way, the mistake in the first picture was the last block in row 3 and the last block in row 4 - they were both turned the wrong way!