Monday, July 22, 2013

What Have I Been Doing?

It's been quite awhile (yikes, over 2 months!) since I've posted so I thought I would give you a look at what I've been working on this summer.  We visited family in North Carolina earlier this month and soon we'll be in Colorado to visit the other half of the fam.  The Bernina has been humming.

Buddy Bowls - made to give as gifts to my family.  I've made 6 or 7 for the 2 daughters and the 4 granddaughters and others.





Potato Bags -



Throw Pillow for DD1:


DD2 Quilt - a house warming gift.  It's a flannel Brick quilt - soft, snuggly, and warm



DGD3 - her 16th Birthday Quilt with matching pillow cases.  It's a Strip Tube Block technique made with just 4 fabrics rather than with a jelly roll.  The back is much plainer in case she finds the top too busy for her taste.  Cathy Hughes quilted it for me with a soft floral swirl.  (In case you have been following me, I FINALLY finished it!!  see herehere and here.)




 

Close-up of the quilting and the back
 

DGD4 - a cute little purse for a 13 year old.



And finally, here's a photo of a Quilt of Valor that our LQS group has been working on.  We've made 3 like this and will be working on a new pattern next month.  This pattern came from Love of Quilting magazine (May/June 2013 I think).  (not such a good picture but once it's quilted, I'll post another one).

 
 
Hopefully I will have more to share in the next few weeks.  Still lots of UFOs on my sewing room floor and so many ideas floating around in my head.  Enjoy the week everyone!
 
Happy Stitching,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers!! You have been one busy woman! Love them all-but especially the 16th birthday quilt. Lovely, Judy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, no kidding: you have been busy! Beautiful quilt & sewy things and soon to be appreciated by the recipients!
    Love the purse, the quilt, and your QOV is great as well. Every month some 3 quilts for them, that's quite the feat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.