Monday, February 24, 2014

Stars in My Eyes

The blue/white stars quilt top is complete!!  Yippee!!  The final borders were added this week and I am pleased.  Binding is also complete - over 450 inches!!!  See more of the quilt here.  This will be one BIG quilt.

The blue mottled border was added to the sides

A pieced border was added to the top to match the other 3 sides
The bottom border is almost the same but with an extra white border
My February block from Quilt Doodle Doodles BOM is almost complete.  I've been involved with a Wonky House and Wonky Stars class (think Gwen Marston) at the LQS so I had to do my own thing on the cabin.  Not very Wonky but definitely original!  Living in northern Michigan, one needs a big fieldstone fireplace/chimney.  My windows, shutters, and steps were fused and I will machine applique them down later this week.  I especially like the sky.




That's it for me.  I'll be piecing the backing for my star quilt this week and then off to my long arm quilter.  Maybe cash in some bottles to help pay for the quilting!  Yikes!!  11,550 square inches!!

Please link up with Judy's Design Wall Monday to be inspired by all those beautiful projects.

Happy Stitching,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Love that quilt!! And your wonky house block is so cool! The stone chimney is brilliant!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that blue quilt sure is BIG! Not sure what you are paying for quilting (custom? or edge to edge?), but you may want to check with this Ann Arbor quilt outfit. Will email details.
    Love your Up North cabin or house block! Saw it's been snowing again....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.