Monday, February 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Wow, this week sure went fast.  I worked at my LQS on Friday and a customer brought this quilt top in.  She said that it started as a small wall hanging but ended up a very nice sized lap quilt.  The fabric is all batik - her left over bits - and we found a beautiful dark purple/scarlet batik for the back and the binding.  Those little pieces are about 1/2" wide!

I'm working on my applique top and I have most of it done.  One more seam, a few adjustments, and then the borders.  I am very happy with it so far.  Kinda bright but happy I think.

From Piece O' Cake Designs

I also found some "cuff" fabric that matched this old Christmas panel that I've had for awhile (like for years) so I made this pillowcase.  Hmmm, who shall I give it to??  With all the snow we've had up here, the snowmen fit right in!!



Thinking ahead to March, I hope to be teaching a one day (4 hour) class on fusing and machine applique'.  Here's the project I came up with:

Needs an embroidered mouth - Snowman from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks
I'm also getting ready for a free motion quilting class and a binding class that I will be teaching next week.  I really enjoy sharing my love of quilting with my students!

That's all from me this week. Be sure to check back with Judy L. and see all the amazing projects on the design wall.

Happy Stitching!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the applique!! And the snowmen pillowcase and your class with the snowman. Lucky students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice bright and happy POC design. great snowman class project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, bright & happy. You've been busy - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, look at your applique blocks. they are coming along. great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Piece 'O Cake blocks - you used such a nice, bright colorway. Wish I was close by to take all those classes - they look like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.