Monday, July 7, 2014

HAPPINESS IS SEWING WITH YOUR FRIEND

My friend Barbara came to visit us for a few days last week.  Our chauffeur (DH) took us for a grand tour of the "Tip of the Mitt" on Thursday - Mackinaw City, the Mackinac Bridge, St. Ignace, Petoskey, Bay Harbor, Charlevoix, Boyne City, and back to Gaylord.  What a grand time we had.  We celebrated the 4th of July by staying home and sewing! (oh, and EATING)


The Mackinac Bridge taken from the Upper Peninsula side
(at one time, the longest suspension bridge in the world)
 
Here is my Mystery quilt (well, the flimsy) from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  All donations went to a cancer charity and I made this in honor of my dear friend who passed away last March.


Each week's clue resulted in blocks and partial blocks which were sewn together the last week.  The pattern "Elevation" was designed by Heather Spence and is still available (go to the Groups section of the website and Mystery Quilt).

When Barb arrived last week, she came with a box of gifts for DH and I - it was just like Christmas here (fortunately, our Christmas tree is still up - really!).  We received all kinds of goodies - I was gifted with fabric, a quilt magazine, and a very heavy box...  OMG!!

Accu-Quilt Go! Baby

Barb gave me a quick "how to" before she left and I cut hst units for my Ooh Rah block #7.  The units were cut so perfectly with no waste and they went together so easily - I am a believer!!  Thank you Barb - you are the best!


2/3 complete...just look at those points!!
Finally, here is the current state of my  great-nephew's baby quilt...almost finished and it is a Quilt as You Go project.  More next week...

 
Be sure to check out all the great design walls on Judy's blog.
 
Happy Stitching,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Love that baby quilt!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 2nd attempt of a comment. How could I miss this blog post? I checked at lunch and after work went to the gym and then to bed - ha ha. Yes, what a great time we had and productive, too.
    So glad you like your Baby Go! cutter.
    Thank you again for an unforgettable time - YOU are the best! And your DH for putting up with me ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.