Saturday, May 21, 2011

My First Blog

Hello Everyone!  This is my first attempt to blog so please be patient with me.  I love to read other blogs and I an so inspired by the creativity of my fellow quilters.  I need to keep a notebook of all the ideas I have but I also need to live to be 200 to accomplish them all.


I recently moved from Rochester, Michigan to our "old" home in Gaylord, Michigan.  Needless to say, we arrived with more boxes than we left with.  I think my fabric multiplied while we lived in the suburbs but all of it is very precious to me.  While packing, I would see fat quarters that I hadn't seen in years and each piece reminded me of a friend or an experience that led me to purchase that bit of cotton.  So, until the rest of the house is unpacked and settled, my quilting supplies will continue to rest in their comfy boxes.  Ah, but I miss those hours of stitching and can't wait to get my seam ripper all fired up.


We live about 200 miles north of Detroit, 50 miles or so south of the Mackinaw Bridge, 60 miles east of Traverse City, halfway between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, and about 40 minutes southeast of Petoskey.  We live in "God's Country" and in the midst of the Golf Mecca.  There are so many golf courses near here but almost as many quilt shops.  Well, not quite, but we have some wonderful shops up here.


I need to take some pictures so enhance my post but not today.  Instead, I'll post a quilt that I made in 2009 that I am particularly proud of. 



I took a workshop with Katie Pasquini Masopust.  I can't believe that I really made this and each time I look at it, I find myself looking at the layers and shadows.  I call it "Ghost Layers" which is the name of Katie's book (Ghost Layers and Color Washes).



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful piece, I'll have to Google this artist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.