Sunday, May 22, 2011

Success!

Somehow I was able to post yesterday's post.  Thanks to my tutors, MB and Barb!  So, I'll try again.  It turned out to be a pretty day after a terrific rainstorm early this morning.  Warm for up here - upper 70's and a tad humid.

I tackled my sewing room today and I have one corner organized (LOL).  Lots more to go before a picture is taken.  I'm torn between unpacking other rooms or working in my studio.  I decided to reward myself and work on something I liked to do.

I wasn't very happy with the picture I posted yesterday - it didn't post the entire picture - the left and bottom sides are missing.  Something else to learn about.  I'll try another one today - again, an older quilt, but one that I really like.  I made this one in 2007 - "Barn Raising Log Cabin".  I taught a class at Quilter's General Store here in Gaylord (the owner has since retired and the store is closed but Delphine's Quilt Shop has opened and carried on and expanded from Sharon's beginning).  My class was described as how to make a Log Cabin Quilt that had "perfect" blocks - all the same size.  I taught 2 methods, one way with trimming after each round and one way by paper piecing.  My first attempt at a log cabin back in '87 resulted in a difference of 1 to 1.5" between each block.  It has since been cut apart and made into a tote!!  So, here is my Log Cabin (method 1):


Enjoy your day!  Hope to get this posted - fingers crossed...

Judy (in the Birds)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.