Monday, July 4, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Happy Independence Day everyone!!

My design "wall" is actually on my floor or on my machine bed this week.  I've been working on my Hide 'n' Seek quilt that I showed you here a while back.  I have most of the "twosies" done for my quilt with "only" 60 more to go.  Here they are all cut out and stacked - ready for the machine!
(they look like 3 little critters wrapped in white blankets :-) !! )


My second project is a baby quilt which I am currently quilting.  My niece and her hubby are awaiting a baby boy due the end of August.
The pattern is "Nursery Tales" by Pine Tree Country Quilts which appeared in The Quilter magazine in November 2007.  I bought the fabric at Quilter's General Store and I've had it in a box labeled "Baby Boy Quilt" just waiting for the day when someone would be expecting a boy!  Finally!!
It's a beautiful day here in northern Michigan - time to get outside and celebrate!!  Be sure to check out the other great projects on Judy's blog today!!

Happy Quilting Everyone,
Judy

3 comments:

  1. Great minds - pick the same time! We are in a row again at Judy's DWM...
    I can see the JR/ Hide & Seek quilt coming together. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute baby boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My design wall used to be the floor too. I was so glad to actually have a wall to put my blocks up on now. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I'll send you a reply back.